Well, I didn’t get as far as I wanted today. I’ll spend some more time tonight working on it so I can polish it up before the deadline tomorrow. Here’s what I have done today:
- Added a prototype morph function for levels.
- Set up an item consumption system
- Some balancing in the level generator (nearing completion)
- Added a JavaFX GUI module for those who can’t terminal.
- Some other stuff (debug mode) done
- Added a GitHub repo for my code.
Tomorrow I’ll begin to add some challenges to the game. My first idea is giving the player a limited amount of “energy” which is needed to walk between rooms (sustainable by bread of course). Another challenge would be to find a special key that is needed to unlock the exit room.
So far, I’ve really enjoyed developing this game! I especially like the passive morphing of the level – so when you return to where you were, things may have “shifted” a bit. I may later add some kind of assistance (like a collectible map item) to allow the user to mark where he has gone.
Although it is now crunch time, I need my sleep. See you all tomorrow!